- COOKIES NOTICE -Last Updated: April 25, 2017
- Authenticating and identifying you on our websites so we can provide you the services you requested
- Keeping track of information you have provided to us — for example, keeping items in your shopping cart as you browse our websites
- Allowing us to customize our content according to your preferences
- Remembering your preferences or where you left off in your use of an HRI website
- Measuring your use of HRI websites so that we can improve them, tailor our websites to your likely interests, and conduct market research
Technologies Similar to Cookies
Technically speaking, cookies are called “HTTP cookies.” There are other technologies that can be used for similar purposes, such as HTML5 Local Storage. We may use HTML5 Local Storage and similar technologies for authenticating you, keeping track of information you have provided to us and remembering your preferences (see bullet points above).
Web Beacons and Embedded Scripts
Web beacons and embedded scripts are other technologies that we use in our websites, as well as in some of our emails. Web Beacons are not used to access your personal information.
Web beacons (or “tags”) are bits of programming code included in web pages and emails that notify HRI (or the companies that help us run our business) when those web pages or emails have been viewed or clicked on.